South Central Federation of Labor
Members and children of members who belong to any SCFL affiliated unions, live or work in one of the six counties, have not yet received a post-secondary degree, and have not previously been awarded a SCFL scholarship are eligible to apply. They will award four $1000 scholarships, by lottery drawing from amongst the eligible applicants. The application deadline is Friday, June 25 and the winners will be drawn at the July SCFL Executive Board meeting.
2021 SCHOLARSHIP RULES
1. Four $1,000 Scholarships will be awarded. Half of the amount ($500) will be given at the beginning of the first semester, upon submission of proof of tuition paid, and the remaining half ($500) at the beginning of the second semester, upon submission of proof of tuition paid.
In addition, the Dodge County Chapter of the South Central Federation of Labor will award two $500 scholarships, $250 for each semester.
2. The scholarship applicant must not yet have earned a post-secondary degree and must not have previously been awarded a South Central Federation of Labor Scholarship.
3. The scholarship applicant or one of his/her parents or legal guardian, upon whom the applicant is still dependent, must:
a) Be a member of a Labor organization affiliated with the South Central Federation of Labor at the time of application. (This eligibility requirement is considered fulfilled if the parent or legal guardian was a member of an affiliated organization and died within the 12 months preceding the application.)
b) Live or work in Dane, Columbia, Dodge, Grant, Green, Iowa, Jefferson, Lafayette, Marquette, Richland or Sauk counties.
c) For the Dodge County Chapter scholarships, live or work in Dodge County.
4. The scholarship applicant must attend an accredited, post-secondary school and must be taking at least six credits.
5. The Scholarship Committee will conduct a lottery drawing of the qualified applicants on July 5, 2021. The first four names drawn will be the $1,000 scholarship winners. Then the two Dodge County $500 scholarship winners will be drawn. The Committee will then draw four additional names who will be alternates, in order of their drawing, should any of the $1,000 winners become ineligible to receive their scholarship for either or both semesters. Then two Dodge County alternates will be drawn. Results will be posted on www.SCFL.org by July 9, 2021.
6. All applications must be received or postmarked no later than Friday, June 25, 2021. Applications should be sent to:
SOUTH CENTRAL FEDERATION OF LABOR, AFL-CIO
1602 S. PARK STREET, #228
MADISON WI 53715
Or complete and email this form to:
(Use “Fill & Sign” in Adobe Acrobat Reader)